Thursday, October 14, 2010

Twist on the bucket list

Great idea by a friend of mine, an "I Want to Do This List". It started me thinking about what I really want to do in the time I have remaining so I thought some and a bit more and this is what I want to do (as of today, subject to change on a whim.)

Not listed in order of importance:

1. Make a slipcover for a chair that actually improves the look of the chair.
2. Make a large braided rug for my kitchen (yeah, I'm laughing about this goal even as I type it).
3. Learn to modulate my voice. I'm generally on loud and meanacing and I don't even realize it. I think all the loud music of my younger days has taken it toll.
4. Speak French again.
5. Take a long road trip from Ohio to the western lands (with or without co-pilots). Maybe I'll take the dog.
6. Gather all the pictures I have and put them in some type of holder or album. They are lodged in boxes all over my house.
7. Visit New York City.
8. Go back to Mississppi.
9. Write letters to my children.
10. Go back to school and learn something that will make me enough money to take care of myself.
11. Have a successful organic garden.

Pretty lackluster list. Having never been an adrenaline junky my list lacks such typical notations such as, "sky dive", "ride in a hot air balloon", "snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef" and the like. Nope pretty much the museum and library type of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment